Safeguarding and Well-being
The safety and welfare of our children is of utmost importance to us at Butts Primary School. We ensure a culture of vigilance as highlighted by Ofsted and all staff in school undertake ongoing safeguarding training including the Local authority ‘Level 1 Child Protection Training’.
If you have any concerns about the safety and wellbeing of a child, contact our Designated Safeguarding Lead using the details below.
Butt Primary School's Safeguarding Teams
- Designated Safeguarding Lead - Mrs P Khalique
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead - Mrs D Marusamy and Mrs A Hill
- SENCO and designated teacher for Looked after/previously Looked after Children - Mrs S Wynne
- Single Point of Contact for Prevent - Mrs P Khalique
Useful websites and information
Our approach to safeguarding complies with the Department for Education’s key guidance document Keeping Children Safe In Education.
Other Useful Websites and information
Child Sexual Exploitation
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
International Child Abduction
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans
- Stonewall, the leading charity and organisation for the LGBT+ community, have produced advice for parents/carers who think their child may be gay
Local Authority Safeguarding Information
Advice for Parents